You have thousands of real estate agents to choose from in St. Louis, so why should you pick me? Here are five things that separate me from the herd:
1) I know old houses. As the owner & hands-on rehabber of a 1902 Victorian parsonage, as well as the author of two books on architecture and interior design, I won't confuse a Mid-Century Modern with a Tudor. If you're looking for a knowledgeable guide who really understands and appreciates the quirks, joys & challenges of vintage homes, I'm your gal. (And when I say vintage, I generally mean 1960s or earlier.)
2) If you're selling a house, I will make it shine. As a former writer and location scout for Better Homes & Gardens, Country Living and many other popular interior design magazines, I was trained in photographing a room to capture its best angles. I've also written about hundreds of the most beautiful houses in the country and spent 15+ years running my own marketing firm, so I know I can tell the story of your home like no one else.
3) I've had awesome mentors. I started my real estate career under the guidance of Pearce Neikirk, a 30-year-veteran and top St. Louis County agent. Then I dove headlong into the St. Louis City market with Jenifer Garcia of Garcia Properties, a dynamic visionary & all-around cool chick who was named one of the top young realtors in the country. And now I'm proud to be working with the #1 locally owned real estate company in St. Louis, Berkshire Hathaway Select (formerly Prudential Select), under the guidance of another talented industry veteran, Rory Schwartz.
4) I'm an expert on North County. As the former editor and publisher of NOCOstl.com, the award-winning online magazine of North St. Louis County, I've seen and studied nearly every inch of this historic corner of St. Louis, where you'll find an exceptional variety of quality homes at amazing prices. NoCo is the best deal around, and I can show you its numerous hidden treasures better than anyone. I live in Old Ferguson West, a beautiful neighborhood on the National Register of Historic Places, and I love it. But I'm a region-wide explorer too, so I know about interesting neighborhoods and special properties all around St. Louis, and I can help you buy or sell a unique or vintage home anywhere in the metro area.
5) I truly believe in customer service. I got into real estate not only because I've loved it for most of my life, but also because I consider it a great privilege to help someone find a home. Whether you're an artist, gardener, dog lover or gourmet chef, I will listen carefully to your needs and work strategically and intuitively to pair you with the perfect house. And if you're a seller, I will be happy to serve as your partner and guide in staging, marketing, negotiating and ultimately closing the deal on your home....as quickly and painlessly as possible.
If you have any questions about me, or if you'd like to discuss a specific property, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thank you!